USB mouse and touchpad issues using the unstable release

Hi All,
  I've just upgraded the testing version to the unstable version. In the testing version both USB mouse and touchpad were working, but using latest unstable version (xorg server) I'm unable to use both. In particular, USB mouse seems to be detected by the system when it's inserted in the PC but it's not working: I also tried using gpm but nothing changes (when I used the stable release I was able to use the touchpad in the console, too).

Could you explain me what changed from the two versions and how can I fix it ?

My HW is an Acer Aspire 1513LMi.

Thanks,
Regards,
  Max