Re: lockup at boot with kernel 2.6.14...

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Giacomo Mulas wrote:

I will try and have a look at the kernel mailing list to see whether there
is something specifically on this, then try to see what changed in that
subsystem between 2.6.12 and 2.6.14 and see if I can make any sense of it.

I found in the linux kernel mailing list a thread which almost exactly
describes my same problem. The person reporting it solved it by a BIOS
upgrade, which is going to be my next try. Of course, while I immediately
found a BIOS image, this is not even a bootable disk image, it is supposed
to be installed using a dedicated Winzozz utility. This is crazy. Can
anybody help me upgrading the BIOS on my linux-only Asus A6K without having
to install some sort of win XP on it???

bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)

Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'
risultato non infetto.