Re: Strange problem that don't allow me to mount dvd units

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:16, dclemen wrote:
> More info: dmesg
>
> Bootdata ok (command line is root=/dev/sda3 ro console=tty0 )
<snip>
> Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
> JFS: nTxBlock = 8013, nTxLock = 64111
> Adding 1775172k swap on /dev/sda2.  Priority:-1 extents:1
> Probing IDE interface ide0...
> hda: TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-M1802, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> Probing IDE interface ide1...
> hdc: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
> Probing IDE interface ide2...
> Probing IDE interface ide3...
> Probing IDE interface ide4...
> Probing IDE interface ide5...
> ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
> ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
> ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning! Use ide-cd and give dev=/dev/hdX
> as device

Since ide-scsi is not in your bootparams (the "command line" above), my guess
is that you have ide-scsi in /etc/modules.  If you do, remove it. Then
reboot.

If that isn't the case, did you compile your kernel? Maybe you turned ide-scsi
on?

As of 2.6.0, noone should use ide-scsi (unless it doesn't work at all without
it).

Hope this helps.

Later
Lee Begg