Re: Wireless INPROCOMM 2220 (MAYBE) WORKS!

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 11:36:18AM +0200, Felipe F. Grael wrote:
> I have been lurking on this list for a few months, trying to find an
> answer to the IPN2220 driver. This was main issue keeping me apart on
> using Debian amd64 actively was the support for this wireless card.
>
> Yes it works. I've tested it yesterday by night, and it ran smoothly
> with my access point. I'm even using it with WPA (with the aid of the
> wpasupplicant software), with the same configuration that was working
> flawlessly on my 32 bits Debian installation. Now I can take full
> profit of my Acer 1525WLMi notebook.

Maybe you could explain something to me:

How do you make it auto reconnect when it looses the wireless link?  I
have managed to get wpasupplicant to connect to my wireless access
point, and after that I have to do dhclient on the interface to get an
IP.  Is there some way to make wpasupplicant do that automatically?

Is there some way to support roaming to pick up any of a list of access
points automatically?

I have very little experience with wireless on linux, but so far it
looks to me to be in serious need of someone combining all the required
tools into a single daemon that can automatically maintain the link for
you.