Re: ISO md5sum signing paranoia

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 10:08:19AM +0200, vitko wrote:

> Yes, that is the idea of signing the keys by CA. It seems gpg supports this:

No, the term "CA" is a concept from the X.509 world and is completely
alien to the web-of-trust model gpg uses. Do not mix the two models.

> <quote>
> </quote>
>
> Does it mean that the key is certified, but I miss key of certificator; then
> I'd like to know where to get this certificate authority key;

There are no certificate authorities in the web-of-trust model. Anybody
who you already trust can sign the key.

> OR does it mean this key is not certified at all?

It means what it says: it is not signed by someone you already trust.

Gabor

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences