New Install works great! My experience.

I spend a lot of time trying to figure out if I should try 64bit.  For
those of you searching.  I installed amd64 stable and upgraded to
unstable.  Everything works great!  Good job to the AMD64 team!

The only snag I hit was udev.  udev wanted 2.6.12 or higher, though it
didn't show up as a dependency.  However I didn't have that, and didn't
know until half gnome was installed.  Not sure if there was a better
way, but I just removed udev and all the broken packages it brought with
it.  Then put on the new 2.6.12 kernel and viola!

the latest mkisofs also caused a seg fault.  I moved to the version just
prior to that and works fine.

Epiphany works fine.  Evolution, well I'm using it now.

totem gstreamer plays mp3s, mpegs, dvd no prob.

rt2500 works great.

nforce4 and 6600gt work great.  Nvidia driver install was a snap (built
using deb packages)

now I just need to get ut2004 working.

MD