Re: openoffice2 on amd64

Le 2005-09-15, à 20:55:10 +0200, v0n0 (aledj@email.it) écrit:
> Frederik Schueler ha scritto:
> >so far all builds failed:
> >
> >http://amd64.ftbfs.de/build.php?arch=&pkg=openoffice.org2
> >http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=315643
>
> And then?

Well, I had two concerns.. either getting OOo2-ia32 running
on amd64, or getting OOo2 to compile cleanly on amd64.

I got fed up of stracing oowriter and reading bugzilla archives
to find out why OOo2-ia32 fails, so I'm now trying to build it.

The build logs from Frederik look rather encouraging: the first
builds failed because of dependancy problems which are now fixed.
The latest build fails because of a syntax error which was fixed
in CVS[1][2] (afaik, I'm not familiar at all with OOo).

[1] http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/ooo-build/scratch/sc-vba/vbarange.cxx
[2] http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/openoffice/2005-August/001118.html

Then again, I'm trying to build the source which now fails because
of an "out of memory" problem, similar to what has already been
reported in July by Rene Engelhard to debian-gcc@ list.[3]

[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2005/07/msg00186.html

But at this point, I guess we should continue this discussion on
the debian-openoffice@ list because the maintainers have probably
already ran into those problems, most are not amd64-specific.

mathieu

--
Mathieu Lutfy        <mathieu@bidon.ca>       http://www.bidon.ca
GPG 0x5F5BCEB4 0D3B 1AEE EF9B FB34 2FE7  80EC 8E8D F00A 5F5B CEB4