Re: openoffice2 on amd64

Le jeudi 15 septembre 2005 à 10:07 +0300, Alexander Rapp a écrit :
> Angel Claudio Alvarez wrote:

> >>I have kaffe installed, but I thought that the package
> >>dependancies would include it if necessary.
> >>
> >>Isn't OOo built using gcj?
> >>

> >I don't know how is OOo built
> >but if you try to compile OOo from sources ( not alla debian) you need a
> >jre ( and must have a JAVA_HOME declared)
> >

> I was able to compile a pure 64-bit OOo2 from the deb-src packages with
> just kaffe and gcj (nothing from Sun installed).  I think a lot of the
> JRE-requiring items are optional and get disabled if you compile on a
> machine with no JRE installed.

> your 32bit installation.  However, OOo2 works fine here natively with no
> ia32-libs installed, you can just compile from the source in
> experimental using "apt-get source -b openoffice.org2" (assuming you
> have experimental deb-src lines in your sources.list).  Be warned, the
> compile takes about 8 hours on a fast machine and once or twice the
> process stops and you have to fiddle source files and restart the
> process with dpkg-buildpackage -uc -nc, but it does actually work and
> I've had no problems with the resulting 64-bit oowriter2.  I have the
> resulting 64bit debs here if anybody has somewhere I could upload them.
You should work together with the Debian packaging team for OOo to get
it built automatically on AMD64, if you can.
It could be very interesting to know where it fails, and what you did to
get it build.
I would have proposed to help myself, but I'm leaving for 2 weeks of
vacations starting from Sunday and I still have lots to do before
leaving.

Regards
--
Jérôme Warnier