Re: openoffice2 on amd64

Angel Claudio Alvarez wrote:

>>>                              ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
>>>Have you JRE installed??
>>>

>>I have kaffe installed, but I thought that the package
>>dependancies would include it if necessary.
>>
>>Isn't OOo built using gcj?
>>

>I don't know how is OOo built
>but if you try to compile OOo from sources ( not alla debian) you need a
>jre ( and must have a JAVA_HOME declared)

I was able to compile a pure 64-bit OOo2 from the deb-src packages with
just kaffe and gcj (nothing from Sun installed).  I think a lot of the
JRE-requiring items are optional and get disabled if you compile on a
machine with no JRE installed.

your 32bit installation.  However, OOo2 works fine here natively with no
ia32-libs installed, you can just compile from the source in
experimental using "apt-get source -b openoffice.org2" (assuming you
have experimental deb-src lines in your sources.list).  Be warned, the
compile takes about 8 hours on a fast machine and once or twice the
process stops and you have to fiddle source files and restart the
process with dpkg-buildpackage -uc -nc, but it does actually work and
I've had no problems with the resulting 64-bit oowriter2.  I have the
resulting 64bit debs here if anybody has somewhere I could upload them.

-- Alexander Rapp