Re: 64-bit java plugin (or lack thereof)

Matthias Julius wrote:
>>In any case, I'm looking for a 64-bit java plugin that can run this:
>>http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/tx.html
>
> I have Blackdown's Java package installed and it works fine with
> Konqueror.  Firefox crashes when I try to visit the link above.

I didn't have konqueror installed, but it seems to work fine for me too.
So, perhaps the bug is in firefox. I didn't suspect that initially. I
guess I'm going to end up filing a bug against firefox. I looked through
bugzilla and found several reports about java crashing; none of them
related to amd64 linux builds. I did, however, find a couple more URLs
that crash firefox (but not konqueror):

Bug #   URL
296737  http://www.java.com/
271444  http://finance.lycos.com/qc/livecharts/default.aspx?

The first one results in the java vm dumping an error log right before
the segfault, which could be helpful.

Now, my question at this point is: would it be more productive to file a
bug in the Debian BTS or in the mozilla.org bugzilla? Reportbug tells me:
*** Please submit non packaging issue (e.g. feature requests) bugs to
the Debian BTS and the upstream bugzilla
(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Firefox) and put a
reference to the bugzilla bug in the Debian bug report, to ease bug
triage for the maintainers. Thank you. ***

The mozilla project (still) doesn't have an official amd64 build (and
I'm having trouble compiling the upstream source), so it would seem like
filing a Debian bug would be more productive.

Any thoughts?

-Corey