Re: kde remote desktop (krfb & krdc) under amd64: anyone using it successfully ?

More info:

this time, I entered a blank for the password requirement.  The remote desktop appeared to open up and gave me the menu at the top and the little box for the mouse.  But no actual desktop itself.  Then the authentication box reappears and totally disfunctional still.