Re: ia32-libs and dynamic loading paths

On 8/22/05, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> The dlopen should use relative paths instead. That should solve the
> problem in all cases and make ld.so.conf work for the plugins too.

Maybe. But relative to what? If I interpret the man page correctly, it
is interpreted relative to the current directory, which does not help
at all. Relative to the library that contains the dlopen() call would
be more helpful, but I don't see how that could be done. Relative to
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH would also be an option.

Thomas