Re: Installation of a 2.4.27-AMD64

Michal,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I had no idea a kernel-2.4 would not work on AMD64. Glad you told me!

When using my  Mustek scanner with a dmx3191d.ko module for my scsi interface
with the standard kernal-2.6.AMD64 - my scanner works under xsane for 18
seconds and the freezes.

I decided to try the backend mustek.conf with (1) Forced Wait and (2) Stop
double buffering. This still does not help.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

With thanks,
Malcolm Candlish.