Re: Installation of a 2.4.27-AMD64

Candlish wrote:
Having installed very happily the latest Debian cd set with 2.6 AMD64 kernel, I have found a need to change back to the 2.4, to enable my scsi dmx3191d module to operate. There seems to be a problem with the 2.6 kernel /scsi/dmx3191d module.

Better would be to solve the problem with dmx3191d in 2.6. What's wrong with it?

Can I re-install using the 2.4.27-AMD64 somehow to avoid the building of a new kernel.

AMD64 Debian won't work with 2.4 kernels at all. Don't waste your time trying.

Michal