Re: touchpad conflicts with mouse

Am Sonntag, 7. August 2005 21:18 schrieb Corey Hickey:
> antonio giulio wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a notebook sis. If I set as "CorePointer" touchpad, only
> > touchpad works. If I set mouse as "CorePointer", in kdm mouse and
> > touchpad work, but when I login in KDE, touchpad is stopped
> > (ksynaptics cannot restart it). I have tested with XFree 4.3.0 and
> > Xorg 6.8.2, Kernel 2.6.8 and Kernel 2.6.11. Actually I have kernel
> > 2.6.11 and xorg. This is my partial xorg.conf for mouse and touchpad:
>
> Try this:
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>         Screen          "Default Screen"
>         Option          "Clone"                 "off"
>         Option          "Xinerama"              "off"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "TouchPad"              "CorePointer"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"      "SendCoreEvents"
> EndSection
>
> SendCoreEvents makes another input device behave just like the core
> input device, and you can then use them both at once.
>
> -Corey
Hi Corey,
here is my part of the config, just try it out:

------------------------------ snip ------------------------------------

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver  	"synaptics"
  Identifier  	"Mouse[1]"
  Option 	"Device"  	"/dev/psaux"
  Option	"Protocol"	"auto-dev"
  Option	"LeftEdge"      "1700"
  Option	"RightEdge"     "5300"
  Option	"TopEdge"       "1700"
  Option	"BottomEdge"    "4200"
  Option	"FingerLow"	"25"
  Option	"FingerHigh"	"30"
  Option	"MaxTapTime"	"180"
  Option	"MaxTapMove"	"220"
  Option	"VertScrollDelta" "100"
  Option	"MinSpeed"	"0.06"
  Option	"MaxSpeed"	"0.12"
  Option	"AccelFactor" "0.0010"
  Option	"SHMConfig"	"on"
#  Option	"Repeater"	"/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"armada"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"de"
	Option		"XkbOptions"	"nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
 	Driver		"mouse"
# 	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"NVIDIA GeForce"
	Driver		"nvidia"
	Option   	"RenderAccel"   "true"
     	Option    	"AGPFastWrite"  "true"
    	Option     	"AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
	#VideroRam	65536
EndSection

I hope , it works. I use XOrg, but X-free is the same in its Config.

Best regards,

Hans