Re: Calling 64 bit apps from 32 bit Chroot]

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

>If you do a chroot command and then run firefox, then firefox only sees
>the 32bit stuff.  If you just run firefox from 64bit using
>/path/to/chroot/usr/bin/firefox on the other hand, then it should see
>the 64bit programs, although I don't know if firefox would have any
>problems if you ran it that way.  I haven't tried firefox that way.
>
>Len Sorensen

When I try starting firefox using
/var/chroot/sarge-ia32/usr/bin/firefox&
i get
grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open
cut: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/artsdsp: line 108: /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin: Datei
oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
/usr/bin/artsdsp: line 108: exec: /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin:
cannot execute: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
(translates to: file or directory not found)

>From chroot everything works fine.

rainer