Re: Calling 64 bit apps from 32 bit Chroot]

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 05:16:15PM +0200, rainer herrendoerfer wrote:
> That's what I already had in my fstab on 64 tree. I thought that was for
> reaching 32bit applications from from 64 tree.

It is for reaching files in /home and /tmp and such (whichever you bind
mount) from inside the chroot.  Outside the chroot can already reach
everything.  inside the chroot you can't run 64bit programs unless you
add a bunch more links (which probably isn't worth the mess).

> Example:
> I run firefox inside the chroot, when trying to start xmms or xpdf which
> are in 64 from firefox I can't reach 64's /usr/bin where they live.
> And yes /home, /tmp and /proc are mounted on /var/chroot/sarge-ia32/*

If you do a chroot command and then run firefox, then firefox only sees
the 32bit stuff.  If you just run firefox from 64bit using
/path/to/chroot/usr/bin/firefox on the other hand, then it should see
the 64bit programs, although I don't know if firefox would have any
problems if you ran it that way.  I haven't tried firefox that way.