Installation problems.

Hi all,
I've have a dual Opteron system (MB Tyan 2885) which has a Broadcom ethernet interface (the infamous tg3 driver). I've also installed a SATA raid card (a very nice LSI 300-8x, uses the megaraid_mbox driver).

My problem is this: how on earth do I install Debian on this system?

If I boot unstable netinst I get ethernet working but not the raid system. Apparently a 2.6.11 kernel or newer is required for that. But Debian has removed the tg3 driver in that kernel. Seems to me that I can one or the other but not both.

Suggestions anyone?

/Johan