A new thread needs a new message (was: asterisk pbx on debian-amd64)

Nicholas P. Mueller wrote:
> I am also writing to ask for any criticism or pointers of things I
> have done wrong.

Since you asked *and* you replied to _my_ message I am compelled to
reply.  I posted a follow-up message with a subject "Simple
Question... 32bit compatibility".  You took that message and replied
to it.  You erased the subject and replaced it with your subject.  But
your reply is still a reply to my message!

Please start a new message when starting a new topic.  Don't just
erase the subject on someone else's message and jump into the middle
of their discussion.

You will be able to see your message as a reply to mine in the archive
here:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/07/threads.html#00294

It is really in your best interest.  Often people filter by thread.
Someone not interested in the topic will delete all of the messages in
the thread.  Your message as a reply to that message will be deleted
unread when perhaps someone would be interested in your message or may
be able to help you with it.

As to your problem with asterisk I can't comment.  Playing with it is
on my todo list.

Bob