Re: multiarch/bi-arch status (ETA) question

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 06:34:26PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
We are not saying you shouldn't make binaries coinstallable for
multiple archs, we are only saying we won't make this a policy. It is
left to each package maintainer to decide if he wants to make the
multiarch change for his binary too or not and nearly every one will
not.

All right, this is a solution I can live with. Until now I thought,
that it would be impossible, even with multiarch, to install two
programs together.

The only binaries people wanted in 32/64 bit so far are all plugin
using binaries where the plugins are only available in 32bit. A very
small subset of all packages.

You're right.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan