Re: multiarch/bi-arch status (ETA) question

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 06:34:26PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
We are not saying you shouldn't make binaries coinstallable for
multiple archs, we are only saying we won't make this a policy. It is
left to each package maintainer to decide if he wants to make the
multiarch change for his binary too or not and nearly every one will

All right, this is a solution I can live with. Until now I thought,
that it would be impossible, even with multiarch, to install two
programs together.

The only binaries people wanted in 32/64 bit so far are all plugin
using binaries where the plugins are only available in 32bit. A very
small subset of all packages.

You're right.

Shade and sweet water!

| Stephan Seitz                    E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |