Re: multiarch/bi-arch status (ETA) question

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 08:45:43AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
you've described.  You havn't given any reason why a user would have any
use for it.  There are quite a few reasons why trying to do such would

Hm, normally, I wouldn't need a firefox with flash plugin or a
mplayer/xine with old codecs, so I would use the 64bit version. But
sometimes I need flash, the realplayer or old video codecs.
Of course I could build a chroot, but then I wouldn't need multiarch.

So why don't create /usr/bin/i386 and /usr/bin/amd64 and populate
/usr/bin with symlinks to the programs. You could build something like
update-alternative, so admins can switch between the 32bit and 64bit
version as default.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--