Re: Perfomance problems with NVidia

> >Does anybody (Len?) have an idea what the fps rate for FX 5700LE (with
> >an AMD64 3200+) should be? Mine is at roughly 1450fps (with default
> >glxgears), though I remember with an earlier nvidia driver I have it
> >seen at 2700fps already. I have no clue what the benchmark could be...
> >

> Default glxgears for Athlon XP 2000 with GeForce 5600 FX gets
>
> 16666 frames in 5.0 seconds = 3333.200 FPS
>
> - Adam

Thanks for all your answers. I have re-tried several configuation
options but do not come to higher values than 1450fps. I had it up to
2700fps (which after reading your replies and the contained links I
consider to be the benchmark-to-be for this card) before I switched
from xfree to xorg, and maybe this makes the difference. In xorg, I
have the compmgr activated, but even without translucency and shadows
the fps rate doesn't change. Does anybody have any experience
regarding graphic/glx performance differences between xorg and xfree
and their respective options?

Thanks a lot again.
--
Best regards / Mit den besten Grüssen