Re: Lots of upgrades in debian/amd64 "stable"/sarge

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 11:01:52AM +0200, Soenke von Stamm wrote:
> though debian/amd64 sarge is meant to be 'stable' by now, I get a lot of
> updates for my mail server today (dist-upgrade):
>
> 56 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>
> All 57 files are loaded from the sarge tree.
>
> My last dist-upgrade was just last week, so I'm wondering how "stable" the
> archive is today. I feel a little inconvenient with recurring updates to this
> production system though most of the time I don't run into problems with
> them. I wouldn't guess these are security updates.

Are you running with pinning and both stable and testing/unstable in
your sources.list?  If so you may have some packages still following
something newer than stable.  apt-showversions can show what isn't
currently using the version from stable.

What are you using as your source.list?

I certainly haven't seen any major updates in the last few weeks (I
think I saw the first security update on i386 a couple of days ago.)