Perfomance problems with NVidia

Hi list,
I have installed sid on my machine with the closed-source nvidia-driver
for XFree.
But running the benchmark glxgears I get only about 600 fps.
It seems to be not enougth for a NVidia Geforce FX5200.
My XFree config looks like:
Section "Module"
        #Load   "GLcore"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "dbe"
        Load    "ddc"
        #Load   "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "record"
        Load    "speedo"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
        Load    "v4l"
EndSection
Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Nvidia1"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option          "TwinView"
        Option          "Metamodes" "1280x1024,1280x1024"
        Option          "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "31-81"
        Option          "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "56-76"
        Option          "ConnectedMonitor"      "CRT,DFP"
        Option          "RenderAccel"   "true"
        Option          "NoLogo" "true"
        Option          "CursorShadow"  "true"
        Option          "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
        Option          "TwinViewOrientation"   "Leftof"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"

Have anyone of you an idea what the problem is?
Thans Alex