Re: Checkpoint Firewall Client on AMD64

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:20:05PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> I just looked at openswan but on trying to install it got:
> WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!

Never seen that message before.  Are you running some silly signature
checking feature in apt or debsigs?  If so expect to see a lot of that
until some day when all debian packages are actually signed.

> Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
> You should only proceed with the installation if you are certain that
> this is what you want to do.
>
>   openswan ipsec-tools libgmp3 gawk host
>
> Given the functionality involved, I'm a little hesitant to proceed -
> just call me wimp ;)

I don't believe all debian packages are signed (far from it) yet, so I
wouldn't worry about it for now.

> It too is IPSec based but the router I connect to allows both IPSec and
> PPTP.

PPTP is insecure, so no vpn ought to use it.  At least if you have any
interest in securing the link