Re: Checkpoint Firewall Client on AMD64

On (29/06/05 20:53), Pete wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has managed to install the Checkpoint
> SecureClient under AMD64 at all?
>
> I just started a new job this week and need remote access for when I'm
> on call, and I have a VPN token and need to use the Checkpoint client.
>
> Unfortunately, they only supply RedHat 7.2/7.3 software, and there's
> lots of warnings and errors when I alien the package.
>
> I'm currently running Sid, but am considering going back to Sarge
> because I don't get the time to do all the updates any more.
>
> However, a deciding factor is if I have to do a dual boot with XP so I
> can use remote access...
>
> Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Hi Pete

I can't help with your question re: Checkpoint but I'm in the same
postion of having to reboot into XP for VPN remote access.

I came up with the following possibilities and have had a cursory look
at vpnc:
clive@Darius:~$ apt-cache search vpn | grep client
vpnc - Cisco-compatible VPN client
webmin-pptp-client - PPTP client configuration module for webmin

I don't particularly want to install webmin just for this functionality.

So I too would welcome feedback from someone whose using a VPN client.

Regards

Clive

--
www.clivemenzies.co.uk ...