Re: Install troubles - Tyan K8WE

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:24:04PM -0600, Gary Hodges wrote:
Does this mean I'm SOL using this card to install sarge?

It means you need to find an install image using a newer kernel than the
standard debian cd uses.  Very common for dell users for some reason.
probably has something to do with dell always building machines with
bleeding edge hardware or using hardware from companies that don't
release program specs to open source programmers.

I actually tried what I think was a daily build yesterday, but the system would hang at some point during the boot process. Possibly I wasn't doing something right. I'll look at those daily builds again. Now I really need to get some "actual" work done.
Gary