Re: Now that I have working box, any problems with LVM?

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 02:17:24PM +0000, J.A. de Vries wrote:
> Goswin wrote me the same. Good to know. I might have made that mistake
> as I was under the impression that RAID on the ASUS A8V Deluxe was
> "good".

In general (there are a few exceptions for high end server boards):

-Onboard raid is not hardware raid and is not good.

-A raid card that costs less than $200 probably isn't hardware raid and
 is the same as the onboard raid just on a pci card.  I suspect there may
 be a few hardware raid cards just below $200, but probably not many.
 There are many software raid cards at around $100.

It's that simple really.