Re: Advice sought on moving to AMD64

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 15:28 -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 03:18:16PM -0400, Nathan Dragun wrote:
[snip]
> off.  Maybe SAS will change that).
>
> I used to be a scsi fan, and built machines that used scsi instead of
> ide, but not anymore.  SAS I can see a point in, plain scsi I can't.

SAS the statistics company?
SAS the Scandinavian Airlines?
SAS the School of Advanced Study?  http://www.sas.ac.uk/
SAS the Surfers Against Sewage? http://www.sas.org.uk/
SAS the Special Air Service?
SAS the Society for Applied Spectroscopy?
SAS the Society for Applied Sociology?
SAS the Society for Amateur Scientists? http://www.sas.org/
SAS the Singapore American School? http://www.sas.edu.sg/
SAS the Static Analysis Symposium?

Ah ha!!!

About the 40th Google hit is "Serial Attached SCSI".

Talk about an ambiguous TLA!!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAS
has an even longer list...

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly
around women. And I hope I never get into that."
Bill Clinton