Re: Advice sought on moving to AMD64

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:54:03PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Hmm, expensive stuff.  I am not a scsi person anymore.  The high prices
> > and lousy performance I got from IBMs 15k rpm scsi drives and raid
> > controller a few years ago while spending a ton of money just makes me
> > not interested anymore.  SATA makes much more sense to me.
>
> You can't connect 6 SATA drives to the built-in SATA controller.

True, but that may just be a flaw of the built in controller, not of
SATA.  You can't connect scsi at all to many machines, which doesn't
make scsi broken.  You can get SATA controllers that run 24 drives if
you want, and unlike scsi, they don't even share the connector but
instead use one cable per drive.