Re: sk98lin doesn't work on EM64T

On Friday 17 June 2005 13:51, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> Great !
> It did not auto-detect the network card. But then I selected sk98lin from
> the list that popped up and hurray, now I'm online ! (seems the driver
> works!)
>
> What is Ubuntu anyway ? Sofar it looks all like normal debian ...
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian

Hah, going further in the install, when it makes me to choose a kernel I'm
pretty much back to my original choice between 2.6.8-11 kernels.  And then
after reboot , same "device not found "!

But now I saw that Aaron's iso file/installer actually runs 2.6.8-10 !!!
That's the trick - so I copied the drivers from /lib/modules onto some other
partition and then when I'm in the 2.6.8-11 system (without NIC) I then do a
 insmod sk98lin.ko

Now that works fine!

Thanks everybody ! And, Aaron, keep that iso file around !! (Or actually just
the sk98lin.ko would do (223k in size))

- Sebastian