Von: Rupert Heesom [mailto:rupert@heesom.org.uk]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2005 14:41
An: MailList AMD 64 Debian
Betreff: How to install SMP kernel?

I have a dual Opteron machine onto which I've installed Debian using sid-amd64-netinst.iso.

Now, I think this install only caters for a single cpu right? Is there an altenate ISO that would install an SMP ready kernel, or should I recompile the kernel to enable SMP?

If a recompile is the best way, I'm new to Debian (more used to Redhat, Mandrake).  Is compiling a kernel under Debian much the same thing, or are there docs for Debian kernel compiles?

--
Rupert Heesom <rupert@heesom.org.uk>