[(Partial) SOLUTION] nforce4, Harddisk SATA, DVD-Burner ATAPI: How can I keep ide-scsi from loading?

Hi again (on-list again)

> that tries to access the cd thorugh scsi first might make it load
> ide-scsi.  ide-generic may also be needed.

<snip>

> > So, do you think there is another module loaded beforehand which is wrong? How could I check that?
>
> Try adding ide-cd and ide-generic to /etc/modules to make sure they load
> early in boot.  Maybe that will fix it (that is I believe how the debian
> installer tends to set it up by default).
>
> Len Sorensen

Okay, I uncommented ide-cd and ide-generic from /etc/modules

and, alas, now the burner is on /dev/hda, and burns with full speed.

However, only on kernel 2.6.11 (debian image). On 2.6.12-rc3 it is still running via scsi emulation.

However, the ide-scsi module ist still loaded even on 2.6.11... strange.

Will have to have another look at that tomorrow or so.

Thanks a lot,

-kurt

PS: Lennart, I pm'd you before, sorry, that was not on purpose..