Re: SATA No partitionable media were found

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 07:09:04PM +0200, Susanne Wenz wrote:
> I went to
> http://debian.inode.at/debian-amd64/debian-installer/2005-04-24/monolithic
> and took the mini.iso. I went through the installation to the point where "No
> partitionable media were found", did 'modprobe sata_sis' from console 2.
> After that sata_sis and libata were loaded, but the error still remains.
> uname -a says: Linux debian 2.6.8-10-amd64-generic #1 Fri Jan 28 04:09:34 CET
> 2005 x86_64 unkonwn.
>
> Are there any ideas? Thanks.

What does lspci show for the sata/ide controllers?

lspci -n |grep 010 should find the storage controllers.  The numbers can
then be looked up to see which driver if any supports it and in which
kernel versions.  It could be that model wasn't in 2.6.8, and needs a
newer kernel to work at all.