Re: Installing Amd64 over ia32

Now is everything clear, with your both systems, after debootstrap the
new system, you need to reboot again the new system and use your old
sarge as chroot mounted on somethig like /var/chroot/oldsarge.

Configure the libs (/var/chroot/oldsarg/*/lib) in your /etc/ld.conf
ldconfig and without install llibia32 you will have all your oldsarge
working including openoffice and mozilla; you must use the HOWTO to
run them with the help of dchroot.

good luck.