Re: [ot]Can I compile a kernel for a P2?

Lorenzo Milesi schrieb:
A bit off topic but...

Can I compile a 2.4.26 kernel for a Pentium2 on my Amd64?

Yes, you can, but if you want to compile a 32-bit kernel I guess you either have to...

* build a cross-compilation toolchain x86_64 -> x86 and use that with the CROSS_COMPILE and ARCH variables set (see crosstool, the gcc cross-compilation script for this) * create a 32-bit chroot, install a base system and the kernelpackage packages in it, and compile a kernel within as you would normally.

With kind regards,
Oliver Korpilla