Re: [ot]Can I compile a kernel for a P2? [new: installer feature + root32 FHS]

Alle 15:53, venerdì 22 aprile 2005, Oliver Korpilla ha scritto:

> > Can I compile a 2.4.26 kernel for a Pentium2 on my Amd64?

> * create a 32-bit chroot, install a base system and the kernelpackage
> packages in it, and compile a kernel within as you would normally.

This is the most simple way to compiling, it's just like a "cdebootstrap
--arch=i386 sarge /mnt/root32 http://local-apt-proxy:9999/debian/"; away :-)

or similar, maybe It would be easy if a choiche from debian installer ask if
could do that for us.

My question is there is a good default path for having chroot environment
installed? should be /var/chroot/root32?
/etc/chroot/root32 ?
/usr/chroot/root32 ?
/mnt/chroot/root32?

Or there should be a package to configure and do that? There is a right debian
way to install a chroot? or one in progress/todo ideas?

--
Marco Amadori
:wq