Re: GA-K8NS Pro-939 sata not detected

On 4/19/05, Michal Hajek <hajek1@karlov.mff.cuni.cz> wrote:
> Now I have two questions ---
> 1. is there a way to solve this issue with grub?

Every time I have tried to set up grub, it was either a big pain or
not possible at all. So I would recommend to use lilo when possible.

> 2. do you have any idea when the new d-i with newer kernel will be released?

I had the same problem, and I could not find an easy way to get a d-i
with 2.6.10. So I installed a minimal system on an old ATA disk first,
upgraded to the new kernel, and copied everything over to the SATA
disk.

Regarding the d-i, I seem to recall that there was quite some
discussion about the kernel version, and it was decided against
upgrading in the end. So I would expect 2.6.8 to be in  the final
Sarge release. But I also hope that someone will do a "skunk" image
with a more recent kernel.

Thomas