Re: GA-K8NS Pro-939 sata not detected

Hello list... :)

I have searched more and my problem is fixed in more recent kernels.
Namely 2.6.10 and newer.
So I have tried the netinstall image from
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/install-images/2005-02-11/

which has the kernel version 2.6.10, but unfortunately, I have
encountered a problem with grub. After a smooth install of base system
and first reboot, the mashine hangs.

I have a 120 Gb SATA hard drive. I choosed to write grub to MBR of that
drive. Bios is reporting it as IDE Channel 2 Master.

Actualy, under "Standard CMOS Features" I see:
IDE Channel 0  Plextor DVDR
IDE Channel 0  none
IDE Channel 1  none
IDE Channel 1  none
IDE Channel 2  S_ATA1-ST3120827AS
IDE Channel 3  none

Now I have two questions ---
1. is there a way to solve this issue with grub?
2. do you have any idea when the new d-i with newer kernel will be released?

Thank you for help.

Best regards
Michal