Re: Future of the amd64 gcc-3.4/gcc-4.0 archive

On Monday 18 April 2005 5:02pm, Andreas Jochens wrote:

> I fully agree with this. Moreover, I think that to avoid confusion,
> the documentation should be changed so that it does not mention
> the gcc4 branch at all.

Just so you know Andreas, what you're doing with gcc-3.4(4.0) is important and
necessary work to get Debian updated for the newer gcc, and folks like me do
appreciate your work there, its just that we think its best if new users of
Debian AMD64 start out with the official pure64 first, before finding out
about gcc-3.4(4.0).  Thank you for your effort to make Debian better.

Cheers,
Ed