XFS worth it?
I have been a satisfied user of the XFS file system for a while now. I
think I started around 2.5.99, and apart from the fact that Mozilla
likes to delete its preferences after a crash (not really an XFS
fault), it always worked very nicely.
But after my recent AMD64 install, I am not so sure again. These are
* The log is not compatible between i386 and AMD64.
* My bug report is sitting in the XFS bugzilla for a week without response.
* Grub cannot boot from XFS on AMD64.
* If my system crashes (while I am trying to find optimal performance
settings), the log is often found to be corruct.
* Then I have to boot from a different media and clear the log
manually (when it should mount ro, imho).
* XFS performance for file creation and deletion is horrible.
So is it time to switch? I have heard that ext3 made some progress on
the performance front, I would probably still go for reiserfs 3.6.
Or what would be your recommended file system?