Re: XFS worth it?

> Or what would be your recommended file system?

I ran some benchmarks not too long ago.  I don't know what conclusions to
draw, but here you go. [1] FWIW, I share an XFS partition between amd64 and
i386 and I hadn't noticed any issues.  On the other hand, I've been running
i386 most of the time for other reasons so I don't know that I would...

On a semi-related note, I've got an external USB drive that I want to share
between Linux i386, amd64, and Windows 2000 (RW on all platforms).  Are my
only choices FAT32 and ext2/3?  I'd love to be able to do xfs or jfs on
it...

Take care,
     Dale

[1] http://www.the-martins.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=5&page=1