Re: [AGAIN] kde 3.4 packages anybody?

Chris Wakefield <c_wakefield@shaw.ca> writes:
> I am wondering why you are emphatic about the kde-3.4 sources on alioth to
> build with?

That way you get _Debian_ binary packages with a minimum of hassle.
Basically all I did was this:

1. Add pkg-kde.alioth deb-src repository to sources.list
2. apt-get update
3. apt-get source kdelibs kdebase ...
4. apt-get build-dep kdelibs
5. cd kdelibs-3.4.0 ; dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
6. dpkg -i *.deb
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all metapackages

You need to fiddle with the build order a bit, though.

But, I've now compiled everything successfully, I'll just transfer the
stuff to people.debian.org and let you know the repository URL when
I'm done.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *