Re: [AGAIN] kde 3.4 packages anybody?

Chris Wakefield <c_wakefield@shaw.ca> writes:
> I did manage to compile _most_ of kde3.4, however kdemultimedia would'nt
> compile _no how_ for me.

Yeah, there's a bug for the 64-bit machines in the source. I made a
trivial fix for it and I hope that it works (at least it compiles).
Comment out the two typedef's in lines 32 and 34 in
mpeglib/lib/input/cdromAccess.cpp.

> and, of course your binary repository url of course..... 8?P

Still compiling, wait until tonight (GMT) :)

> My current problem, with my _mostly_ compiled kde3.4, is how to integrate my
> compiled binaries into the standard debian file system.  If anyone knows of a
> how-to I would love to study it.  This would be of great interest to me.

You want to take the pkg-kde project's source packages for Debian and
build them (that's what I'm doing). You definitely do NOT want to
start with the original KDE source tarballs.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *