Living with chroot

Hello together,

as some of you adviced me last week, I should install a i386 chroot
environment to use wine,... This is what I did yesterday. As it is for
me the first time, I have problems with chroot applications.

I would like to start chroot applications, e.g. openoffice with
following command (not in the chroot environment) and the failure below:
-----
tuxbox:~# /emul/ia32-linux/usr/bin/oowriter
OpenOffice.org for Debian -
see /usr/share/doc/openoffice.org/README.Debian.gz
running openoffice.org setup...
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/setup.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
setup failed (code 0).. abort
---- Please read /usr/share/doc/openoffice.org/README.Debian.gz for
known problems -----