Re: 32bit chrooted apps can't use OpenGL .

Javier Kohen wrote:

El lun, 28-03-2005 a las 00:29 -0500, Zaq Rizer escribió:

OpenGL games (e.g. Quake3 and Enemy Territory -- but *not* Doom3 [??]) run like total crap now. They run, but at about half what they should -- almost as if it's using the CPU instead of the GPU.

Maybe some direct rendering option was disabled when you updated your
kernel config? I recommend you use "make oldconfig" instead of "make
menuconfig"/save/quit. I used to do the latter, but it's really
difficult to see what changed (and sometimes options are renamed or
replaced), while the former asks you about every new question (usually,
not too many between stable releases).

However, you should check the obvious places... dmesg, game logs, video
driver logs, video driver forums, etc.

This isn't a vanilla kernel - 2.6.11-9 is in sid/amd64 now. I simply used that. All log files are clean (I checked them first), it's just bad performance...I guess I should be happy the games run at all now, and maybe it will pan out in the coming days.

--
"Firefox is both more secure and more modern than IE [Internet Explorer], and it comes packed with user-friendly features the Microsoft browser can't touch." -- Walt Mossberg, The Wall Street Journal.

Find out what all the fuss is about:  Get Mozilla Firefox.
http://www.getfirefox.com