32bit chrooted apps can't use OpenGL .

There's a lot of unfortunate back story to this, but I'll spare you all and give you the current-day situation, as it stands, after a fresh complete reinstall:

Because I cannot install the latest (7167) nvidia drivers via the method listed in the HOWTO on alioth, I've attempted installing them via nvidia's own installer. It worked just fine, although it warned me that I should be running 2.6.11+. Then about two hours later, I found out as X crashed in a flaming ball of death. So, I rolled back to 6629 (using nvidia's own drivers). These work perfectly, as they did before.

However. In the 32bit chroot, I have installed 7167 via apt-get install, because, as far as I can tell, there is no way to install 6629 from nvidia's own installer (because it complains that it's an amd64 system, even while in the chroot) and the only version available in my unstable 32bit chroot is 7167. So in lieu of installing 2.6.11 (which I'll probably end up doing, but I've gotten rather happy with debian-provided kernels) what other options do I have? Any idea when 2.6.11.X will be available in sid/amd64?

Thanks,
Zaq

--
"Firefox is both more secure and more modern than IE [Internet Explorer], and it comes packed with user-friendly features the Microsoft browser can't touch." -- Walt Mossberg, The Wall Street Journal.

Find out what all the fuss is about:  Get Mozilla Firefox.
http://www.getfirefox.com