Re: d-i fails to install: Tyan Thunder K8W, SATA Seagate Barracuda

This is an update for the sake of completeness with this thread so that
it is helpful in future references.

We finally got Debian AMD64 installed in our two machines. Two changes
were required:

1. Upgrade the Tyan BIOS to the latest version. This solved the problem
of the installer failing to initialize large partitions in our SATA
drives.

2. Use the latest sid-amd64-netinst.iso image dated 19-Feb-2005. This
image solves the problem of the d-i failing to boot up from the hard
drive after a successful install from CD.

Thanks again to those who helped with suggestions.

--
Pedro