Re: unstable fglrx 8.10.19?

Hi Andrei,

It's working fine for me compiled with gcc-4.0. I also noticed that Flavio removed the "caution: I haven't tested these drivers enough yet" disclaimer that was on his website until last night.

I haven't made extensive tests, but I'm confused because the framerate in fgl_glxgears went up from 262 to 406 since early this morning (after the driver upgrade, that's it). I also added 256 MB of RAM (to the previous 512 MB), but I don't think that could affect performance that much as the system wasn't swapping or anything. This is a Mobility Radeon 9600, and I think I was getting --relatively-- pretty bad numbers before this upgrade.

Andrei Mikhailovsky wrote:
Hello everyone!

After upgrading the fglrx drivers from 8.8.25 to the latest 8.10.19,
i've noticed that my system became very very unstable. I am experiencing
crashes about twice a day, sometime system frizzes without being able to
reboot using Alt-SysRr.
Also, Unreal Tournament 2004 crashes randomly, which never happened
under 8.8.25 drivers.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with the new proprietary ATI
drivers?

My sistem is as follows:

pure64 branch
Gigabyte K8NS Ultra939 m/b
Ati 9600Pro with 256 ram (Sapphire make)
Geil Dual Channel RAM 1 Gig at default settings
ATA 133 HD

Fglrx Drivers are compiled with gcc 3.4 using default Makefile

The problem with debuging and filing a bug report to ATI is that I don't
get any log messages relating to the strange behavious or any oops after
I reboot from a crash.

Many thanks for help or advice,

Andrei

--