Re: The future of the gcc-3.4 archive / Name change from 'gcc-3.4' to 'gcc4' Reply-To:

Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de> writes:

> Hopefully, the name change from 'gcc-3.4' to 'gcc4' will not cause too
> much trouble for mirrors and current users. For some time the old name
> 'gcc-3.4' should be still available as a symlink to 'gcc4'.
>
> Regards
> Andreas Jochens

I'm going to contact all mirrors shortly with an update of the new
archive structure and mirror suggestions / sample scripts.

Should I set a date for the namechange, say a week after I send that
mail, and then "mv gcc-3.4 gcc-4.0; ln -s gcc-4.0 gcc-3.4" on that
day? Or should I make a hardlink farm for gcc-4.0 and a week later
replace gcc-3.4 with a link?

What do you think? Any preferences?

MfG
        Goswin